Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A few of my favorite things

At 8.5 months, Caleb's personality is emerging more and more every day. It's so fun to watch him discover and enjoy the simplest things! Here are a few of his faves:
  1. People - maybe it's still going to happen, but he has yet to experience stranger anxiety. He LOVES being the center of attention. In fact, he seems to have a knack for making sure that he is! It takes us forever to make it through Wal-Mart because he knows how to ham it up so that everyone stops to talk to us and comment about how cute and friendly he is. Although he enjoys his ever-growing toy collection, he is not the type to sit and play by himself for long. He wants you to watch him and give him constant feedback. (Mommy's note: I can't say that I mind - I'm glad he likes having me around. He's also helping me refine my multi-tasking skills. I can now sing nursery rhymes with tons of animation while completing just about any chore. I also think God may be using his friendly little personality to help me slow down and enjoy people more).

  2. Bouncing - whether on your lap or in his rainforest bouncer, he loves it! But, you guessed it . . . you have to watch him do it. If you leave the room when he's in his bouncer he waits until you come back to get going again. Then he giggles as you give him lots of feedback about what a skilled little bouncer he is. His favorite is when mommy bounces too (he likes me to jump up and down while he bounces).

  3. Water - he's picked up at least one good habit from mom. I always carry a water bottle with me and he frequently indicates that he'd like to share. Thankfully he's pretty good with a sippy cup now so my daily water intake has a lot less drool in it. Regretfully, he likes water in any form, including bath water. We may have to lock up the toilet after all when he really gets mobile!

  4. Daddy - by far his favorite toy! He lights up when he comes home from work and is mesmorized with everything he says and does. They enjoy wrestling, playing ball, and growling at each other. Caleb even has a keyboard (not wired, of course) that he gets to "type" on while dad works on the computer. Like father, like son.

  5. Forbidden Fruit - Yep, it's starting to happen. He's starting to whine when we take away things he's not supposed to play with or enforce boundaries. Yesterday he had a pretty significant melt-down when I took my keys away because I needed them to drive. Please pray for us as our job as parents transitions from just caregiving to shepherding his little heart and teaching him "right from wrong."Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

bri said...

Well said Coco! He is precious!

I will pray. That was an awesome prayer request. I never quite knew how to put it into words really but that is exactly what it goes from on into!

Love ya friend and be blessed in the learning process!