Monday, June 8, 2009

AlL oVeR tHe PlAcE!

We've had a pretty eventful last week and a half. Hope you enjoy this account (with lots of pictures!) of our adventures from Caleb's perspective:

My daddy was supposed to go to Africa so my mommy and I planned a trip to visit family. Daddy's trip got postponed because some pirates (or something) made his shipping container more than a month late. But, since my fan club didn't want me to get ANY bigger before they saw me, we went anyway.

First we visited my MiMi and PaPa (my mom's parents) where I got lots of fun surprises!

Then it was off to my GiGi & Umpa's (great grandparents) house where I was the center of attention among lots of relatives.

Don't my GiGi's flowers look pretty? The last time we visited my mom said I wasn't ready for table food, so I was excited to get to try GiGi's famous pancakes (without syrup of course, because I'm learning to enjoy foods without added salt and sugar)!

My other Great Grandma lives on the opposite side of town and we made two mini-trips to visit her. We accompanied her to a Catholic mass where I was 99% reverent and we enjoyed a few meals and some fun play times together.

I'm pretty sure she had as much fun with me as I had with her!

Then we headed back to MiMi and PaPa's where I got to . . .
Go for a ride in PaPa's Corvette

Play inside my Uncle Jeff's old toy chest

And go for my first swim!

We also visited some of my mom's good friends from high school, which meant that I got to play with their kiddos.
I'm the one on the right with the round face. In case you were wondering, this little pal is 2.5 YEARS old and weighs 23 pounds. That's just one pound more than my 22 pound weigh-in at 10.5 MONTHS. That's right folks, I'm a BIG little guy!

But, I'll likely be slowing down my weight gain because . . . drumroll . . . I officially became a crawler while on vacation! I am now AlL oVeR tHe PlAcE . . . ALL THE TIME! Mom & dad knew I'd get around to it when I was good and ready. They're so proud of me, but are also grieving the end of their extended "golden window" of parenting (the beloved time when I could sit and play but not move around). Mom says she'll try to post some video of my new skills once she's recooped from our 20+ hours of drive time and week of single mom-hood.

Since I'm not much of a napper (YET, says mom in faith!) and don't enjoy long car rides in the backseat by myself, my Grammie and Pop (my dad's mom & step-dad) helped drive us back home so that my mom could hang out with me in the backseat.

It was fun to have them at my house for a few days, and they also planted some beautiful flowers on our front porch. Mom has been wanting to get around to that for several months, but I've kept her kind of busy.

Then last night I got to go out to dinner with mom and dad to celebrate their 7th wedding anniversary. Don't worry, they did recently go on a date and leave me at home with my cool bud, Heather, so they decided to take me with them this time. I was a very well-behaved boy and made sure to chime in with lots of oohs & aaahs as they talked about happy memories!

Here I am entertaining myself with some spooons


And here's the happy couple!

Now I get to look forward to a second round of fun with mommy when my daddy actually goes to Africa - hopefully June 29th :)

Thanks for reading our blog!

3 comments:

The Wasinger Family said...

Great post, Caleb! We loved your visit to Wichita and kissin your precious cheeks! AND it was fun seeing your mom too! Come back soon...we miss you already! XOXO, Ryan, Lindsey, Ellie and Gus

PS - Congrats on crawling...I'd like to say we saw some of your first moves!

MS said...

Great post Mr. Caleb!! We loved our little time with you. Keep up the crawling and soon enough you'll be walking like mommy and daddy. xoxoxoxo

Elise said...

That was adorable, Court! Love the pics & the commentary. You guys have been busy, busy! Caleb is a nugget of all nuggets!